[lsb-discuss] Ways for us to work more efficiently

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Fri Jan 25 07:26:38 PST 2008

Theodore Tso wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 06:30:53AM -0800, Wichmann, Mats D wrote:
>> well, we sort of have stuff like that (although anything could always
>> be better);
>
> Yes, we do, and I'm not ignoring what we already have; the goal though
> is to make the entry point especially for ISV's to be much inviting to
> them, and there are folks whose job it will be to do that.

Right - that was the developer network site, effectively:
http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/Developers
It got some love from people for a while, then I think not
so much happened, so I'm glad to hear it's being restaffed.

>> it's the information for contributors that seems to have
>> fallen off the wiki.  We ought to be able to find the page somewhere,
>> even if it's in some dump of the old wiki.  The search tools aren't
>> that good at finding a page if you don't just happen to see a link
>> to it, so it's probably just there and eluding me (when found, it
>> *will* be out of date).
>
> Do you think what was there in the old wiki has enough content that
> it's worth going back to it and updating it, versus just starting from
> scratch?  For example, was it pre- or post- the bzr conversion?
>
> There's actually a lot of the information that a new contributor would
> want on the front page of the LSB workgroup wiki:
>
>     http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/LSB_Wiki
>
> But it's mixed in with a lot of other stuff that's not as useful to
> someone who is just trying to get started and is trying to find their
> way around the project.

Right.  Working on this stuff has been on my list for a long
time, but it's always "below the line" since we always seem
to be in some sort of mad release-related pressure.