[lsb-discuss] Some LSB 3.0 certification test error

Jeff Licquia jeff at licquia.org
Thu Jan 31 06:31:41 PST 2008

Andrius Tsen wrote:
> Hello,
> Sorry to bother you again, this time i successfully setup a ftp mirror
> of your ftp and
> scheduled the certification test in our intranet.
> Some test failures occur many times, and i don't know whether they are
> TSD or the OS
> issue , can anyone give me some clue?

FWIW, a complete list of waivers can be found here:

https://www.linux-foundation.org/lsbprs/

> OS: RHEL4 Update5 i386
> LSB: 3.0 certification test
>
> Failure 1:
>  Libstdc++ test
>    /thread/pthread1.cc 1
>  Messages from the test
>     DejaGNUTest.command_1:
>     DejaGNUTest.command_1:
> /opt/lsb/test/lib/qmtest_libstdcpp_3.4.3/_thread_pthread1.exe
>     DejaGNUTest.command_1:
>     DejaGNUTest.command_1:
>     DejaGNUTest.command_status_1: 9
>     DejaGNUTest.result_1: FAIL: thread/pthread1.cc execution test
>     INFO: qmtest.cause: thread/pthread1.cc execution test
>     INFO: qmtest.end_time: 2008-01-23T03:23:55Z
>     INFO: qmtest.start_time: 2008-01-23T03:18:52Z
>     INFO: qmtest.target: local
>
> I manually rerun
> "/opt/lsb/test/lib/qmtest_libstdcpp_3.4.3/_thread_pthread1.exe", "echo
> $?" returns 0.

I can't say for sure without looking at the journal, but we did receive
a problem report on this test which was eventually withdrawn:

https://www.linux-foundation.org/lsbprs/pr/83

The notes on it suggest that there was an interaction or timing issue,
and that we could not reproduce it.

> Failure 2:
>  VSW4 test
> /tset/CH06/drwarcs/drwarcs 52
> /tset/CH06/drwarcs/drwarcs 53
> /tset/CH06/drwarcs/drwarcs 54

I cannot find a PR for this, or a bug in our bugzilla.