[lsb-discuss] dtk-manager 3.2 and "missing" appbats again

Alexey Khoroshilov khoroshilov at ispras.ru
Thu Jan 31 07:40:16 PST 2008

Wichmann, Mats D wrote:
> I'm looking at a "custom tests" screen where
> in the Appbat section, Expect Raptor Tcl and Xpdf
> show as not installed; yet they are installed.
> I know we've been here before, and usually it
> has something to do with missing dependencies
> but as far as I know everything is installed here,
> and only one of those packages depends on anything
> external (Expect, on Tcl).
>
> It's a CentOS virtual machine if it matters; I
> think I've usually seen this on Debian-based
> systems, which this is not.
>
> -- mats

The problem is these tests require especial data files taken from
http://ftp.linux-foundation.org/pub/lsb/app-battery/tests/

If you have no these data files locally (in DTK Manager cache) the first
column is disabled since DTK Manager thinks that not all components of
the test are locally available.
The simplest way to put these data files to local cache is to run the
corresponding tests from ftp.

If this problem is actual for our dtk bundle we will need to put the
data files to the right place in the install script.

By the way we are going to redesign custom page and hope to make its
behaviour more clear in the next major version of DTK Manager.

--
Alexey