[lsb-discuss] dtk-manager 3.2 and "missing" appbats again

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Thu Jan 31 08:29:47 PST 2008

Alexey Khoroshilov wrote:
> Wichmann, Mats D wrote:
>> I'm looking at a "custom tests" screen where
>> in the Appbat section, Expect Raptor Tcl and Xpdf
>> show as not installed; yet they are installed.
>> I know we've been here before, and usually it
>> has something to do with missing dependencies
>> but as far as I know everything is installed here,
>> and only one of those packages depends on anything
>> external (Expect, on Tcl).
>>
>> It's a CentOS virtual machine if it matters; I
>> think I've usually seen this on Debian-based
>> systems, which this is not.
>>
>> -- mats
>>
> The problem is these tests require especial data files taken from
> http://ftp.linux-foundation.org/pub/lsb/app-battery/tests/
>
> If you have no these data files locally (in DTK Manager cache)
> the first
> column is disabled since DTK Manager thinks that not all components of
> the test are locally available.

I understand.  So it's a dependency, but a hidden one not
expressed in the package.

Things did go ahead and run, of course - I selected the
certification run, I had just brought up the custom screen
to see if it agreed with me on all the versions.

And the files are in
/var/opt/lsb/test/manager/lsb-packages/app-battery-tests
where they were fetched without problem.