[lsb-discuss] Java

Scott Baeder baeder at cadence.com
Thu Jan 31 13:12:41 PST 2008

I've been quiet for a while, but following all the interesting work!

But on this, isn't the whole purpose of LSB to establish a BASE that we
(the ISV's) can count on and assume is present?  I guess if NO ONE ever
needed a Java environment to be present, we could eliminate it, but that
seems not to be a likely case, no matter how much NEW stuff is written
in Ajax of some other new-fangled-yet-to be-invented
language/environment.

It doesn't do us any good to say that there is a standard provider we
agree on if it's not already installed and delivered by the OS provider
(aka distro), since as I see it, there is the certification of the
provider of the foundation, and the building to that certification for
the applications.

Again, congratulations to all the LSB team on a lot of good, hard work
to get things out the door!]