[lsb-discuss] LSB 3.1 market penetration?

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Thu Jul 3 06:34:27 PDT 2008

Dan Kegel wrote:
> ISVs who might like to rely on LSB 3.1 might well ask:
>   What percent of users are now running a LSB 3.1-compliant
> distribution? and/or
>    Are all pre-LSB-3.1 distribution releases now at end of life?
>
> https://www.linuxfoundation.org/lsb-cert/productdir.php?by_lsb
> has some nice info on which distributions are compliant
> with which LSB.  (It's missing Fedora, though, and it's
> missing Suse 10.2.)  It would be interesting to add an
> end-of-life date column to that page.

well, the table lists "certified" distros, which is not the
same as compliant distros - some/many others may comply but
not be certified, Fedora is one where the development/release
model does not mesh with certification so we've been told
it will never go though certification.  I use Fedora happily
for a lot of my LSB work, and it *mostly* conforms, although
you can normally find a few test cases that don't pass - for
practical purposes it seems to be fine though. I've submitted
a patch for Fedora 9 which brings it up to LSB 3.2 level but
it's not been acted on (can be found in their bugzilla).

> Is there any better source of data on this question?

I think it's all informal at this point, beyond the cert
list you've already cited.