[lsb-discuss] Scanning interfaces and LSB 4.0

Chris Lee cslee-list at cybericom.co.uk
Mon Jul 21 02:37:49 PDT 2008

Till Kamppeter wrote:
> <Snip />
>
> Yes, this is OK. As a last mean we issue waivers, but the best solution
> would be having SANE in the LSB. I appreciate very much if SANE
> developers could help here.
>
>     Till

This is all good but LSB is starting to make Linux look worse than
Windows, in the Linux world you usually install just what you need on a
system, on windows you get most of it but some you can add if you need
it. I think LSB is going to have to start specifying sub parts that can
be "required" by ISVs and installed only if required.
So an ISV says we need LSB scanning support for our app you install the
scanning section provided by the LSB compliant distro.
I may have missed that the LSB works like that already but it is not
obvious to me.
Just my 2 cents,

Chris.