[lsb-discuss] LSB conf call notes for 2008-06-04

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Wed Jun 4 17:58:37 PDT 2008

>>> Statement or question?
>>
>> Statement.
>
> Hummm,... I'm lost.  Perhaps "distros need to be able to ..."?

I think more that anything that supposes specific paths when
there may need to be more than one is a concern. For example,
saying "it" must be in /usr/lib/java might not be adequate if
a distro feels they need to supply, concurrently, a 32-bit
jvm in /usr/lib/java and a 64-bit java in /usr/lib64/java,
with the different paths being to insure no clash. That's
an example, I'm not saying specifically those paths.