[lsb-discuss] LSB interface addition discussion

Robert Schweikert robert.schweikert at mathworks.com
Mon Jun 9 05:40:36 PDT 2008

Wichmann, Mats D wrote:

<snip>

My comments:
> 1664: ptrace

Very useful
> 1739: dl_iterate_phdr

Mostly useful for debugging purposes, unfortunately this is needed.
> 1751: dlinfo

Definitely needed
> 1957: XextAddDisplay, XextFindDisplay, XextRemoveDisplay,
>       XextCreateExtension, XextDestroyExtension,
>       XextMissingExtension

We should consider all missing Xext interfaces.
> 1995: strverscmp

Interestingly Google finds that we deprecated this interface in LSB
2.1.0. Is there an alternative interface? WHo is using the interface?
> 1997: alphasort, alphasort64, scandir, scandir64

Definitely useful.
> 2078: gnu_get_libc_release

Is this really needed? An LSB compliant app is more or less tied to a
specific version of glibc.
> 2128: __getdelim (see general question below)

Can we find better ways to deal with the double underscore symbols?
> 2133: sendfile, sendfile64
> 2137: epoll_create, epoll_ctl, epoll_wait
> 2142: remap_file_pages
> 2143: getifaddrs / freeifaddrs
> 2153: getservent_r, getservbyname_r, getservbyport_r
> 2154: getprotoent_r, getprotobyname_r, getprotobynumber_r
> 2155: hcreate_r, hdestroy_r, hsearch_r
> 2158: data (not functions) __progname_full, __progname,
>       program_invocation_name, program_invocation_short_name
> 2161: getgrent_r, getpwent_r, fgetgrent, fgetpwent,
>       fgetpwent_r, fgetgrent_r
> 2162: argz_add, argz_add_sep, argz_append, argz_count,
>       argz_create, argz_create_sep, argz_delete,
>       argz_extract, argz_insert, argz_next, argz_replace,
>       argz_stringify
>

> 2163: sysinfo, get_nprocs_conf, get_nprocs

These should definitely be in the LSB