[lsb-discuss] Generating Debian package repositories for apt-get

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 06:03:13 PDT 2008

Now there are also 32-bit Debian packages generated by the OpenPrinting
server, and that without chroot. I had to hack the conversion process of
alien somewhat, once for 32-bit packages and second to make the packages
depend on "lsb" and nothing else. The way how the RPMs get converted you
can see in my little script:

http://www.linuxprinting.org/download/printdriver/debian/mkrepo

Integration of the rpeository into the local system is done as I told
already in my first posting. If you have already edited your
source.list, you only need to refresh you local package list by doing
"sudo apt-get update".

    Till

Till Kamppeter wrote:
> I am currently trying to generate package repositories on our server
> which can be used with high-level package managers. The repositories are
> for the distribution-independent LSB-based printer driver packages. As
> talked about in Austin we need indexed repositories to support things
> like automatic updates in case of security bugs.
>
> The plan is that printer manufacturers upload LSB RPM packages and that
> the server should then automatically alienise them to Debian packages
> and afterwards index the Debian package repository for apt-get. In
> addition, the RPMs should get directly indexed for yum and urpmi.

[...]