[lsb-discuss] [Lf_driver_backport] Generate yum repositories for Red Hat/Fedora and SUSE

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 01:05:56 PDT 2008

Thank you, Ram and Susanne.

Is it really needed that the yum repositories for SUSE must be in a
directory named "SLE10"? I can set a symlink, but when it comes to other
versions of (Open)SUSE I will have to set symlinks for each version and
also index separately.

Do I also always need separate indexing for initial installation (YaST)
and for updates (yum)?

Do we already have somewhere (for example on the server for LSB
packages) scripts for automatic indexing of the package repositories for
SUSE (and also for other distros)?

If not, I would suggest that someone from SUSE/Novell makes the scripts
and tests them.

    Till