[lsb-discuss] Generate yum repositories for Red Hat/Fedora and SUSE

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Wed Jun 11 06:52:21 PDT 2008

Till Kamppeter wrote:

> The keys for LSB are in
> ftp://ftp.freestandards.org/pub/lsb/keys-for-rpm/?
>
> Why so many keys? Can one not simply have one key for all RPM and DEB
> packages on the whole OpenPrinting package repository?

please don't follow the LSB model, which has historical baggage
(and also has a set of packages which are built nightly entirely without
human intervention). you get to decide if you want to use a different
key for the individual rpm packages vs. the deb repsitory.  you
also get to decide if you want a different key between "original
releases" and "updates" as many distros do - it has a reason
there but I don't see why you'd want to for drivers.