[lsb-discuss] [Fwd: NSS public functions.]

Ron Hale-Evans rwhe at ludism.org
Sun Jun 22 21:31:26 PDT 2008

On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 8:54 PM, Ron Hale-Evans <rwhe at ludism.org> wrote:
> On 6/9/08, Jeff Licquia <jeff at licquia.org> wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>> I would initially propose the strawman list of APIs be included in LSB4
>> would include.
>>
>> This are all the functions which we documented in our ssl reference except
>> the following:
>>
>> NSS_SetDomesticPolicy
>> NSS_SetExportPolicy
>> SSL_Enable
>> SSL_EnableCipher
>> SSL_EnableDefault
>> SSL_RedoHandshake
>> SSL_SetPolicy
>>
>> The above are deprecated, and no longer needed (either their functionality
>> was replaced by a newer function, or their functionality is no longer
>> needed).
>>
>> NSS_Init
>> NSS_InitReadWrite
>> NSS_NoDBInit
>> NSS_Shutdown
>
> <snip; more APIs followed>
>
> Jeff, I'm having trouble parsing the text above. I suspect a copy/paste
> error between the first and second paragraphs, if not some other error
> between my ears. :-)
>
> Could you please clarify what the strawman list will consist of again? An
> explicit list of APIs would be very helpful.

Jeff, after a couple more readings, it seems that everything after
"So, here it is." in your email was actually written by the Mozilla
folks. Is that correct? That would clear up some of my confusion right
away.

If this is the case, whom should I write at Mozilla to get a more
explicit list of their APIs? Robert Relyea?

Thanks,

Ron