[lsb-discuss] x86_64 psABI doc

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Wed Jun 25 09:38:28 PDT 2008

Jeff Licquia wrote:
> Michael Matz wrote:
>> Hi Andrew,
>>
>> On Wed, 25 Jun 2008, Andrew Haley wrote:
>>
>>> The x86_64 ABI is here:
>>> http://refspecs.freestandards.org/elf/x86_64-abi-0.95.pdf
>>>
>>> Unfortunately it's an old copy.  Can one of you please mail
>>> someone at the site and get this pulled?
>>
>> Let's see if webmaster is an account that is read.
>
> Forwarding to lsb-discuss.  Is there a newer version we should be
> using here?

We can't remove old versions - they're there specifically
because past published LSB specifications reference specific
versions and those must remain available so those links
remain valid. This is in fact the exact reason why they are
mirrored on refspecs, because we can't change history, but
upstream sites are likely to drop specific versions (my own
employer does this with great impunity). I believe the
published ISO LSB specification, AMD64 volume, contains this link.

We can certainly entertain a requests that future LSB
specifications reference a newer version of the x86_64 ABI.