[lsb-discuss] Java

Joseph Kowalski jek3 at sun.com
Fri Jun 27 14:59:41 PDT 2008

Joseph Kowalski wrote:
> I've updated the high-level list of items. Its important to me that we
> agree on what's on this list.  It's nice to point out "extensions",
> but that's much less important at the moment.
> We still need to design the installation points to account for 32/64
> bit co-residency.  The suggestion was made to use:
>
>    /usr/lib/java
>    /usr/lib64/java

It turns out (to my understanding) that the LSB doesn't not define the
interfaces to support multi-ISA (simultainiously).  See section 6 for
more details (attachment).

I'd like to get some feedback on this.  Perhaps those who normally
attend the weekly conference call could ACK/NAK?

- thanks,

- jek3