[lsb-discuss] Tests for files and sysdb related libc APIs

Stew Benedict stewb at linux-foundation.org
Tue Mar 4 04:36:01 PST 2008

On Tue, 4 Mar 2008, pavan wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Below I am attaching the patch(lts_vsx-pcts-3.2.0.files_sysdb2.patch)
> for libc files and sysdb related APIs. It includes tests for fchown,
> statvfs, fstatvfs, setpwent, getpwent, endpwent, setgrent, getgrent and
> endgrent APIs. Kindly review it.

Thanks, I'll try to integrate it today.

> For some of the APIS, for example
> statfs(http://www.linux-foundation.org/dbadmin/browse/int_single.php?cmd=list-by-name&Istd=10&Iname=statfs) Here link to LSB Generic Specification of this API is not displaying the the man page. Is this API is not included in LSB spec?

statfs is deprecated as of LSB 3.2, with recommendations to use statvfs.

There is a mention of the re-add in the errata doc for 3.1:

http://refspecs.linux-foundation.org/LSB_3.1.0/tc1.html

And it is back in 3.2, marked as deprecated:

http://refspecs.linux-foundation.org/LSB_3.2.0/LSB-Core-generic/LSB-Core-generic/libc.html
http://refspecs.linux-foundation.org/LSB_3.2.0/LSB-Core-generic/LSB-Core-generic/baselib-statfs-2.html

--
Stew Benedict