[lsb-discuss] Which QT version for LSB?

Stew Benedict stewb at linux-foundation.org
Mon Mar 10 06:19:01 PDT 2008

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008, Thorsten Kukuk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> when we evaluated our problems with QT and the LSB 3.1/3.2
> QT tests, we found out that you cannot pass them with QT 4.3.x,
> for LSB 3.2 you need QT 4.2.x.

For the tests, if I recall correctly the original tests from Trolltech
were 4.3.x based, and I had to do quite a bit of work to get them to build
and get reasonably acceptable results on 4.2.x.  Looking at the results
here on some 4.3.x based systems, they range from 0 to 3 failures:

4.3.3:
0 FAILS

4.3.1:
tst_QTextDocumentFragment_html_qt3RichtextWhitespaceMode 173 FAIL
tst_QTreeView_disabledButCheckable 54 FAIL

4.3.1 (different OS):
tst_QFont_setFontRaw 7 FAIL
tst_QTextDocumentFragment_html_qt3RichtextWhitespaceMode 173 FAIL
tst_QTreeView_disabledButCheckable 54 FAIL

This was from an initial situation where we were seeing hundreds of
failures on many platforms.  My thinking at least, once things got down to
a more manageable level, and we starting see "real" test results, was that
the remaining test issues would get interpreted by the CA as possible
waiver candidates.

What sort of results are you seeing?

--
Stew Benedict