[lsb-discuss] Google Summer of Code

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 08:35:48 PDT 2008

Wichmann, Mats D wrote:
> By the way, we have another need.  It's not really very
> related to LSB itself, so it probably /shouldn't/ be
> our project, and I have *no* clue how I'd mentor
> something like this, but I'll mention anyway:
>
> docbook needs to be able to produce high-quality,
> and correct, pdfs.  it does not do so now, and the
> amount of Standing On My Head I have to go through
> to generate usable pdfs of the LSB specification
> documents is...well...substantial.

Simply put it onto our ideas list:

https://www.linux-foundation.org/en/Google_Summer_of_Code

If it does not fit well to the LSB, create a "General" section, or add
it to "OpenPrinting", as a part of the PDF printing workflow (it serves
as well for additional PDF-creating CUPS filters).

Would you mentor it, Mats? If not, anyone in our web
server/infrastructure team would do it?

Another idea would be, if it turns out that the upstream developers of
docbook are also participating as mentoring organization, we could pass
student applications on this subject to them.

    Till