[lsb-discuss] Which QT version for LSB? (fwd)

Stew Benedict stewb at linux-foundation.org
Mon Mar 10 11:26:59 PDT 2008

dropped the list in the reply...

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008, Jiri Dluhos wrote:

> On Monday 10 March 2008, Stew Benedict spoke thusly:
> > On Mon, 10 Mar 2008, Thorsten Kukuk wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > when we evaluated our problems with QT and the LSB 3.1/3.2
> > > QT tests, we found out that you cannot pass them with QT 4.3.x,
> > > for LSB 3.2 you need QT 4.2.x.
> [...]
> >
> > What sort of results are you seeing?
>
> Hi,
>
> the problems occurred both in the Qt4 test and in library check; please see
> the attached journals where they are recorded.
>
> The journals are from SLES10 SP2 beta3 on ppc32 (errors are the same at all
> architectures).

Thanks.
I do see some issues in the desktop test journal with multiple results per
test.  Seems like we hit/fixed some of these some time back? I could be
misremembering.

The desktop test journal also seems quite a bit smaller than the current
(3.2+) builds generate. Is this a LSB test suite for < 3.2?

ls -l /opt/lsb/test/desktop/Qt/journal.qt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 319675 2008-01-25 20:44
/opt/lsb/test/desktop/Qt/journal.qt

Archive:  qt4_test.journal.zip
  Length     Date   Time    Name
    41205  03-10-08 13:19   qt4_test.journal

I haven't really done much testing of the pre-3.2 tests against newer Qt4.
Given the experience we had with the new tests against different versions
of Qt4, I suspect the old tests would not fair too well against newer Qt4.

--
Stew Benedict
The Linux Foundation