[lsb-discuss] Google Summer of Code

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 13:08:03 PDT 2008

Wichmann, Mats D wrote:

>> Would you mentor it, Mats? If not, anyone in our web
>> server/infrastructure team would do it?
>
> no, I've got no clue about the software actually involved.
> I just know what I want....

So perhaps put up the description of the problem and what you want to
have. If we attract students on this one, we can think later about how
we let a student implement this.

>> Another idea would be, if it turns out that the upstream developers of
>
>> docbook are also participating as mentoring organization, we could
> pass
>> student applications on this subject to them.
>
> I guess this would actually be OpenJade... since this issue
> is with tools, not with the docbook definition itself.

Another question is: Is this really something new which requires to be
implemented or is this a bug in an existing feature. In the latter case
we cannot open a Google Summer of Code project on it. We must report the
bug to the appropriate free software project so that they fix it.

    Till