[lsb-discuss] Google Summer of Code

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 14:12:25 PDT 2008

Wichmann, Mats D wrote:
>>  - George: dynamic application checking appchk enhancements
>
> We do have a partially implemented dynamic checker, "dynchk".
> This was done as an intern project several years ago, and
> was working okay, but was never "productized".  It needed
> some attention in automating how to generate the information
> it needed, while it was enabled in the autobuilder tree it
> was constantly "going out of date" with respect to changes
> in the LSB.  There are also several bugzilla entries on
> enhancements needed, most of these are in the same area:
> if it takes a lot of work to enable dynchk to know about
> a new library, then the tool will always trail behind and
> not be useful, there has to be some script that will
> generate the needed material just by asking it to
> ("make gensrc" or some such invocation.
>
> The question is, is it a good project for SoC to ask
> someone to come fix an implemented, but currently
> broken, tool?

Is a little bit strange, but depending on the state of the existing code
and the expected anount of work it can also get a challenging project.
Under no circumstances we should make the student reinventing the wheel
by not telling him that there is code already.

The best would be if George answers here.

    Till