[lsb-discuss] Going through the bugs for LSB 4.0

Theodore Tso tytso at mit.edu
Tue Mar 11 08:01:22 PDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 07:34:11AM -0700, Wichmann, Mats D wrote:
> well, I have a backlog of work that I wasn't able to get to
> last week due to a combination of travel, meetings, and
> being completely offline for three days (corrupted Windows
> installation on notebook - of course, being on the road,
> I didn't have access to any other computers), so it's going
> to be a while before I can take the time to look at this many
> bugs and come back with votes.  on the other hand, if we do
> these bit-by-bit on IRC we could go through the list without
> having to analyze *all* of them at the same time.  whatever.
> I'll get to this list when I can.

OK, if it was the deadline which was problematic, what would be a
better date for getting the ballots returned?

After all, if we do it bit-by-bit we probably wouldn't be done for
quite some time, so I don't mind if we need to give people, say two
weeks instead of one week, to go through them all.  I am aware that
even though I am asking people to just prioritize the bugs, *not* fix
them, the fact that in some cases the entire story might not be the
bug log, that this might take a bit longer.

In fact, if you think we would be better off asking say, you, Stew,
and Jeff to do quick pass through those bugs to add any missing
details first, would that make more sense first?  The bottom line is
that I would like us to be able to have concrete priorities done
before the face-to-face meeting, and in order to make sure we have
that, it probably means we should aim to get an initial prioritization
done by the end of the March.  So maybe aiming for the prioritization
ballots to be done by March 21st is more realistic, with perhaps a
grooming pass before that?

Does that sound better to you?

						- Ted