[lsb-discuss] cross compiling with the LSB build environment

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Tue Mar 11 08:24:37 PDT 2008

George Kraft wrote:
> Has anyone ever discussed being able to cross compile with the LSB
> build environment?   Would the LSB build environment be more
> attractive to an ISV if they could cross compile for all the
> supported LSB architectures?

The answer to the questions is "yes", and "yes - probably".

But if you're talking about the lsbcc build environment, that
depends on the underlying support to be present - can this
normally be done on a gcc/binutils system?  In my experience
cross-compilation support (other than "family" support, like
x86_64 building for ia32, ppc building for ppc64, etc) has
to be set up laboriously by hand, referring to assorted
pages you may or may not locate on the web.

If you're talking about lsb-buildenv, which is the full
environment that we have control over, we might set that up,
but again we're probably not talking out-of-the-box recipes
for constructing gcc and binutils.  It shouldn't be too
hard to get the stub libraries and lsb headers in place,
since we already construct these.