[lsb-discuss] Going through the bugs for LSB 4.0

Theodore Tso tytso at mit.edu
Tue Mar 11 08:42:48 PDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 08:16:41AM -0700, Wichmann, Mats D wrote:
> By the way, we ought to agree on a convention for requests to
> add new features (I mean real new functionality, not something
> like "we forgot to include xdr_destroy" which I would consider
> a bug).  These used to be tracked in lsb-futures, and might or
> might not have a bug associated with them.  Now they're going
> to primarily be tracked in a wiki page-per-feature, which is
> fine for tracking the feature but doesn't give an overview of
> things in the queue.

Well, an easy way to get an overview would be to use a Wikipedia
feature for "Requested new feature".  Also, the LSB:PM page will have
a list of projects that are in Future status, in a table format with
space for a comment.  We could track it in the BZ if it would add
value, but if it's just a matter of making sure we don't lose such a
request, there are ways we can achieve this in the Wiki.

	       	   	       	       	    - Ted