[lsb-discuss] Google Summer of Code 2008 -- LAST CALL: Submissionof the application

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Tue Mar 11 09:04:35 PDT 2008

> Ideas list:
>
> 1. LSB project proposals removed, Russ has withdrawn his some minutes
> ago, and George did not post a description.

I can expand on the dynamic checker stuff as discussed on the email,
but I'm not that convinced this is a good SoC project either.

> 3. Describe your organization.
>
> The Linux Foundation is a nonprofit consortium dedicated to fostering
> the growth of Linux. Founded in 2007

I tend to mention that it's a successor organization and isn't
really "brand new" just a year ago - this work has been going
on for a long time.  Don't know if that matters for the application
or not.  I will say for Questions 5/6, just for your information,
that /FSG/ did apply in a past year, but was not accepted for a
funded project. It wasn't last year, perhaps the year before.

> 7. What license does your project use?
>
> All the work produced by the Linux Foundation is free software
> according to the OSI definitions, but there is no requirement for a
> specific license. The licenses are selected depending on what is most
> suitable for each individual project.
>
> *LSB: mostly GPL, some tools Artistic

and specification is GFDL.