[lsb-discuss] Google Summer of Code 2008 -- THE LINUX FOUNDATION IS ACCEPTED!

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 09:46:08 PDT 2008

Hi,

thanks to all of you for supporting the application of the Linux
Foundation as mentoring organization at the Google Summer of Code. Our
application was accepted [1].

Now our next step is to find students to work on our projects [2]. So it
is important to advertise for our projects which we offer as student's
projects on the Google Summer of Code. Please put up appropriate news
entries on your project web sites, post in appropriate forums and on
mailing lists, advertise in universities, ...

Amanda, can you put out a press release quickly?

The application period for students is March 24-31, so any marketing for
our GSoC projects has to be done quickly.

    Till

[1] http://code.google.com/soc/2008/linux/about.html
[2] https://www.linux-foundation.org/en/Google_Summer_of_Code