[lsb-discuss] Joint session of LSB and OpenPrinting on the LF Summit

Theodore Tso tytso at MIT.EDU
Tue Mar 18 15:44:33 PDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 10:02:55PM +0100, Till Kamppeter wrote:
> Till Kamppeter wrote:
> > Please tell when we should meet.
>
> No one answered yet to my posting, but in the mean time I have found the
> joint meeting with OpenPrinting in your agenda:
>
> http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/LSB:Collab-2008-04:Agenda
>
> The time is OK for me and I have added it to my agenda
>
> https://www.linux-foundation.org/en/OpenPrinting/LFSummitAustin2008
>
> and added some info to the entry in your agenda.

Hi Till,

Yes, sorry for not sending you e-mail.  It was on my todo list to do,
and I hadn't gotten around to it.  One thing... given our design goal
of keeping LSB 4.0 something which existing enterprise distro's can
certify against, can you comment about how many of these items are
present in RHEL 5 and SLES 10?

    * CUPS 1.2.x interfaces
    * New printing functionality of GTK 2.10.x and newer
    * Driver inteface OpenPrinting Vector (OPVP) 1.x
    * SANE (Scanner Access Now Easy) scanner driver interface

      	   	    	       	     	     	    - Ted