[lsb-discuss] Joint session of LSB and OpenPrinting on the LF Summit

Klaus Singvogel kssingvo at suse.de
Wed Mar 19 05:28:43 PDT 2008

Hi,

speaking of SLES10:

Theodore Tso wrote:
> One thing... given our design goal
> of keeping LSB 4.0 something which existing enterprise distro's can
> certify against, can you comment about how many of these items are
> present in RHEL 5 and SLES 10?
>
>     * CUPS 1.2.x interfaces

Not present.

The release of cups-1.2.x was done after the package freeze of SLES10.
As there are tremendous changes between cups-1.1.x and cups-1.2.x,
e.g. RunAsUser option, I dont have the feeling that we will be able to
provide cups-1.2.x as an update in any service pack ever.

>     * New printing functionality of GTK 2.10.x and newer

We're shipping gtk+-2.8.x in SLES10 only.

>     * Driver inteface OpenPrinting Vector (OPVP) 1.x

OPVP is part of EPS ghostscript-8.15.x, which is shipped

>     * SANE (Scanner Access Now Easy) scanner driver interface

SANE is not present in SLES10, but sane is part of SLED10 (the
equivalent desktop product).

Here you find the list of all shipped packages in SLES10 (not
containing SLED10 packages):
http://www.novell.com/products/linuxpackages/server10/i386/index_all.html

Regards,
	Klaus.