[lsb-discuss] Berlin Packaging API Straw-man Implementation

Sam Hart sam at linux-foundation.org
Mon Mar 24 12:30:35 PDT 2008

Based on our discussions here previously, I've created a straw-man
implementation of the Berlin API. Instructions for getting it and
trying it out can be found here:
 http://www.linux-foundation.org/~criswell/berlin/

Bear in mind this is still *very* much a straw-man, and it's intended
to get more dialog going. At present, I wouldn't recommend putting
this on *any* production boxes (or anything very critical) as it's
still too experimental and exploratory.

Implementation notes can be found here:
 http://www.linux-foundation.org/~criswell/berlin/#notes

Currently this *only* works on RPM-based distributions, but you can
expect to see some DPKG-backend work to be committed to the BZR repo
this week.