[lsb-discuss] Dealing with multiple versions of referencestandards

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Wed Mar 26 09:45:53 PDT 2008

George Kraft wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-03-26 at 07:30 -0700, Wichmann, Mats D wrote:
>> we could flip the base standard for this interface to
>> POSIX 2008 and just not say anything extra in the
>> LSB
>
> If there is not conflict between POSIX 2003 and 2008 for that
> interface, then my preference would be to flip the base standard for
> it; otherwise, there will be a lot of textual house keeping to say
> "works like in POSIX 2003, but with the additional flag MSG_NOSIGNAL
> as described in POSIX 2008".

I think that's my preference, too - cleaner looking and also
cuts down on work someone (quite possibly me) has to do.

We did discuss in a different forum something I'd forgotten -
the reference standard for an interface is not version-tracked,
so changing an interface for 4.0 will make it look, in navigator,
like it was that way for all versions of the LSB the database
is tracking.  I think we need to solve that problem anyway.