[lsb-discuss] LSB 4.0 and printing

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Wed Mar 26 16:48:41 PDT 2008

> So it would be difficult even if the newer (trial-use) version of the
> component is a strict superset of the mandatory component?
>
> I can understand that if an interface has actually *changed* between
> the two versions, life would be hard; but if it's just a matter of
> marking some interface as trial-use, and others as required, would
> that still be hard?

It removes one level of complexity, indeed.  ISP-RAS has actually
become the masters of the database schema so we should wait on their
commentary, but the way I see it, we can currently flag individual
bits with the LSB version in which they appear, and we can flag
higher-level components as included or optional.  What we're talking
about for this behavior is a higher-level component that has two
shadings: libfoo, when included in "LSB required components" has
one set of stuff; and libfoo, when included in "LSB trial-use
components" has a different set of stuff.  As a database /idiot/
(yes, I proudly admit it!), I don't see how to do that; like I say,
let's wait for a while to see if there are more educated comments.

-- mats