[lsb-discuss] LSB conf call notes for 2008-04-30

Joseph Kowalski jek3 at sun.com
Thu May 1 14:26:06 PDT 2008

Wichmann, Mats D wrote:
>> Sigh,...
>>
>> I'm only trying to point out that there seems to be a disconnect
>> between Linux (the kernel) and glibc.  Either the functionality is
>> useful or it's not.
>>  From the glibc point of view, the Linux kernel should deprecate
>> SYSgettid. I suspect the Linux kernel folk might have a different
>> view.
>>

> Yeah... I had this discussion with the Linux manpages maintainer,
> which led him to post the glibc bug.  And there we are.

I'm just a voice from the wilderness on this one, but is there a respected
"Linux threads maintainer" who might intervene?  This is a threads issue
where glibc and the kernel are just implementation details... :-)

(I've sent a message to a "respected Solaris threads (and /proc) maintainer"
for his view - just for another view. Waiting...)

- jek3