[lsb-discuss] X11 Extensions for Fullscreen OpenGL

Jan Emoti emotican at gmail.com
Sat May 3 12:33:29 PDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 9:09 AM, Alan Coopersmith <Alan.Coopersmith at sun.com>
wrote:

> Jan Emoti wrote:
> > I prefer to leave the user's resolution where I found it. If something
> > bad happens, and my app cannot change it back, then my app could get the
> > blame. If something bad happens while its in fullscreen mode, then its
> > not as bad.
>
> Then why do you need libXxf86vm.so.1?   What are you calling "fullscreen"
> mode if it's not just opening a window the size of the screen and not
> resizing the resolution to the size of your window?
>
> --
>         -Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com
>         Sun Microsystems, Inc. - X Window System Engineering

It is needed for XF86VidModeGetAllModeLines where modeLines[0]->?display has
the resolution of the so-called fullscreen. In less polite operating systems
there is often some functional equivalent named fullscreen.

P.S. It would be nice if my replies somehow appeared wherever you are
cross-posting without obligating me to join any high-traffic list at this
time.