[lsb-discuss] New bug ballot--bugs over 1990

Jeff Licquia jeff at licquia.org
Wed May 7 12:51:27 PDT 2008

We got through the rest of the bugs on the original ballot in
yesterday's bug call, and decided that a second bug ballot would be
useful for bugs filed since the previous ballot.

Because we got many fewer votes for 1990-2008 than for the others (they
weren't on the original ballot, but were voted for anyway by some of
us), we're adding them again.  It's perfectly legit to agree with
previous decisions. or copy your vote from last time, or whatever.

This list covers all open bugs, not just those for 4.0.

Instructions:   Please give your vote as to the priority of these bugs,
from 1-5.  Place a number in the square brackets like this:

42   [ 3 ]  Document the answer to life, the Universe and Everything

If you think the bug should be closed, please make a note of why in the
BZ log for the bug, and put an asterisk after the closing square
bracket, as follows:

42   [ 3 ]* Document the answer to life, the Universe and Everything

   Note: P1 means that it is a release blocker; if it is not done, LSB
   4.0 can not ship. P2 bugs are highly desirable to ship. P3 and P4 are
   different variants of nice to have, and will be done if we have spare
   time. P5 basically "we'd close this because it is so highly unlikely
   we'll ever have the time to fix this, but it really is technically a
   flaw and so we're embarrassed to close it, or there are political
   reasons why we can't close it."

------------- Begin ballot here ---------------
1990 [   ]  bad prototypes in libSM, libICE and other X libs
1993 [   ]  /tset/CH06/drwarcs/drwarcs {52,53,54} failed
1994 [   ]  Add the seq command to LSB
1995 [   ]  Restore strverscmp to LSB
1997 [   ]  Add alphasort and scandir to LSB
1998 [   ]  Bashism in run_tests script
2000 [   ]  check used types are included & assigned to included headers
2004 [   ]  revisit Qt3 build support again
2005 [   ]  languages should have a way to determine LSB information
2008 [   ]  LSB should define G_BEGIN_DECLS/G_END_DECLS
2011 [   ]  The stack-3.1 test fails on systems with lower default
2012 [   ]  lsblibchk.3.1.1-3 has 4 tests failed on PPC64 machine
2015 [   ]  Implement appchk.sh to test application shell scripts
2016 [   ]  Library uplift of Qt4
2020 [   ]  add libXtst to LSB
2021 [   ]  Segmentation fault when running ATK manager against oracle
2029 [   ]  standalone atk-manager should not have lsb binaries
2030 [   ]  README file for the user privelege version of ATK Manager
2031 [   ]  Adding directory for checking apps
2032 [   ]  ATK web server
2033 [   ]  Progress tracking when checking the application
2034 [   ]  appchk runs out of core during symbol analysis
2037 [   ]  lsbappchk.py should be LSB compliant
2038 [   ]  cmdchk needs to have multi-version support
2039 [   ]  Csrconly field should be dropped
2040 [   ]  tset/LI18NUX2K.L1/base/strptime/T.strptime.32 fails on
2041 [   ]  build_env should contain *.defs files for all LSB versions
2045 [   ]  lsbdev-qt3 won't build with gcc 4.3
2046 [   ]  lsbdev-qt won't build with gcc 4.3
2055 [   ]  FDO test have several issues in the SI
2057 [   ]  More documentation links for gobject interfaces
2058 [   ]  Incorrect vtable data for QGLFramebufferObject
2064 [   ]  Documentation for __gnu_cxx::verbose_terminate_handler
2066 [   ]  Lack of constants in new glext.h and glxext.h
2067 [   ]  dtk-manager start leads to console warnings
2068 [   ]  dtk-manager getting csh question wrong
2071 [   ]  su - foo -c "something" does not source /etc/profile in si
2078 [   ]  add gnu_get_libc_{release,version} to LSB
2080 [   ]  Add new contributed libc tests to test-core
2081 [   ]  poll() is standardized by LSB 3.2 but removed from
2082 [   ]  devchk issues with version specifiers
2083 [   ]  Add stack checkers to LSB
2084 [   ]  Dependency for lsbappchk.pl missing (dpkg version)
2085 [   ]  overspecified cups elements
2087 [   ]  need to uplift c++ test for LSB 4.0
2088 [   ]  Add Standard entries for newer GTK specs and set urls for
2090 [   ]  cups tests failures when no printer is configured
2091 [   ]  Add glib wrappers for POSIX functions to LSB
2093 [   ]  getgrouplist spec still has problems
2094 [   ]  deprecate curses functions withdrawn in Xcurses Issue 5
2095 [   ]  Uplift GTK+ Stack to 2.8
2096 [   ]  Create documentation for recently added gnu extensions
2097 [   ]  lsbappchk-perl needs to handle multiple LSB versions
2098 [   ]  lsbappchk-python needs to handle multiple LSB versions