[lsb-discuss] LSB conf call notes for 2008-05-14

Carlos Manuel Duclos Vergara carlos.duclos at trolltech.com
Thu May 15 00:54:08 PDT 2008

Hi all,

[...]

After talking to our legal department, they made very clear that we cannot
include any cryptographic code developed in the US because that will make
us subject of US export regulations. This means, that we cannot develop a wrapper
for NSS inside Qt (ie, no easy conversion for software written by using our api).
Since we are not the only software providers outside the US, this will affect other
software companies too. Therefore asking everybody outside the US to become
subjects of US export regulations at once, seems like a huge imposition.
So, our vote goes against using NSS as a default in LSB.

Our 2 cents.

--
Carlos Manuel Duclos Vergara
carlos.duclos at trolltech.com