[lsb-discuss] Where should we track bugs in the LSB DDK?

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Fri May 16 05:37:09 PDT 2008

Till Kamppeter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got already the first bug report for the LSB DDK (Driver Development
> Kit) by e-mail.
>
> As there are two suitable bug tracking systems
>
> - LSB: http://bugs.linuxbase.org/
> - OpenPrinting: http://bugs.linux-foundation.org/ (Prod.:
> OpenPrinting)
>
> I am in doubt where to report these bugs. WDYT? I would say it is
>   better located in the LSB bug tracker.
>
> This shows also that we should have only one bug tracker for the Linux
> Foundation. So bugs can be more easily moved, for example an LSB-DDK
> bug from OpenPrinting to LSB.

We've had part of this discussion and I don't think a move
to a single bugzilla is in the cards.  For example all
historical bug references would break (archived email
threads, wikis, wherever bugs are referenced) for the
projects that move.  Other reasons are some historical
bug trends that would be disrupted, and more compellingly,
the LSB bugzilla, at least, is structured in a way that
wouldn't be much help to a consolidation effort: the "product"
categories are LSB functional areas, not broader catgories
like "LSB", "FHS", "Printing".

I've suggested that the bugzillas themselves, on their
home page, provide some guidance about where to file bugs.
I don't know where we are with this.

Bugzilla does allow moving bugs from one instance to
another although I've never done it, so individual
miscategorized bugs should be reasonable to move. I've
just checked the settings in the LSB bugzilla and this
capability is off, but it's easy to turn on.