[lsb-discuss] LSB conf call notes for 2008-05-28

Jeff Licquia jeff at licquia.org
Wed May 28 08:43:13 PDT 2008

Attendees: Jeff Licquia, Stew Benedict, Kay Tate, Darren Davis, Robert
Schweikert, Ron Hale-Evans, Russ Herrold, Thiago Maceiera, George Kraft.

3.2 refresh.  Jeff: last-minute feature overlooked, now in.  Builds
should be done very soon; will announce the beta to the list when
they're done.

3.2 SI.  Stew: s390 issues look fixed, ppc64 building.  Will probably
know ppc64 status today.  Should rebuild all other architectures, in
case some of the s390/ppc64 changes have unintended effects on them.
Should probably be able to do this week.

4.0.  Making progress generally.  Multi-version SDK is partly done.
Also, we have licenses for Intel and PGI compilers for non-gcc support.
  Robert: will we do regular testing of those?  Jeff: yes, when
appropriate.  Can probably do Intel testing now; PGI will require some
development first.

4.0 glibc.  Jeff: two action items.  First, long-double support.
Requires some changes to the database to support multiple symbols in one
lib.  Second: miscellaneous changes.  We are working on having an
explanation for all symbols not in the LSB; in many cases, will pull
symbols in.

Robert: Java status?  Jeff: mostly as talked about on the list.  Might
be an issue with architectures not supported by OpenJDK.  IBM interest
in contributing to OpenJDK?  George: high level issue.  Best approach
might be for Ted to bring it up to IBM higher-ups.  Ron: different JRE
compatibility?  George: IBM JRE is certified.  Kay: high level of
compatibility.  Darren: his experience also.  George: one drawback: a11y
needs to be compiled for each JRE, so multiple JREs per arch are not
good.  Jeff: DBus?  George: not sure; depends on the implementation.
There is a DBus implementation for Java.  Thiago: needs
platform-specific code.