[lsb-discuss] Key for signing downloadable printer driver packages

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 09:55:05 PDT 2008

Hi,

I would like to let the OpenPrinting server sign the downloadable
printer driver packages so that the distribution's printer setup tools,
download tools (like Jockey), and/or packaging systems (rpm, dpkg, yum,
apt, ...) can verify that the drivers really come from the OpenPrinting
server.

Do we already have keys at the Linux Foundation, for example keys which
we are using for other downloadable packages, perhaps keys which are
already in the distros? Or should we generate new keys for OpenPrinting?
  How would one then get the new keys into the distros?

    Till