[lsb-discuss] Results of trial-use and new standards vote

Jeff Licquia jeff at licquia.org
Fri Oct 31 14:39:51 PDT 2008

Here are the results:

ALSA:      4 required, 5 trial-use, 0 exclude
xdg-utils: 4 required, 5 trial-use, 0 exclude
Java:      1 required, 6 trial-use, 2 exclude
libGLU:    9 required, 0 trial-use, 0 exclude
Cairo:     9 required, 0 trial-use, 0 exclude
libXtst:   8 required, 1 trial-use, 0 exclude
NSS/NSPR:  2 required, 6 trial-use, 0 exclude*

* We had one voter who voted for either required or trial-use; those
results aren't included, as they don't affect the outcome.

So, by this vote, we will be including libGLU, Cairo, and libXtst as
required standards in LSB 4.0, and ALSA, xdg-utils, Java, and NSS/NSPR
as trial-use standards.  None of the standards proposed this round were
dropped or excluded.