[lsb-discuss] nss question: did we close on the nspr issue?

Wan-Teh Chang wtc at google.com
Mon Sep 8 16:23:51 PDT 2008

On Sat, Sep 6, 2008 at 3:55 PM, Ron Hale-Evans <rwhe at ludism.org> wrote:

> Thank you, Wan-Teh. Yes, I'd appreciate it if you would create an
> absolutely minimal list for us. There is always a cost in supporting
> interfaces, whether in documentation, testing, or in the additional
> burden on ISVs and distributions. However, we can add more NSPR
> functions later, by request or because we discover new dependencies,
> and if the LSB 4.0 deadline weren't looming for us, we might have
> decided to be more inclusive this time.

Hi Ron,

Here is an absolutely minimal list of NSPR functions required
for using the NSS SSL functions.  This list is different from
the list I sent before.

I generated this list by inspecting the source code of libcurl,
nss_compat_ossl, mod_nss, and the NSS test programs
selfserv, tstclnt, strsclnt, vfyserv, and vfychain.

I documented this list in the wiki page at
http://developer.mozilla.org/En/NSS_reference/NSPR_functions

Since the wiki page may change, here is a static list for
the record:

PR_Cleanup

PR_GetError
PR_SetError