[lsb-discuss] Building and checking a 3.0 compliant package under the 4.0 SDK

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Tue Apr 14 07:12:44 PDT 2009

Steve Goetze wrote:

> In my new appchk results, I still see two types of External
> Interfaces issues:
>
> 1.) Interfaces being pulled from libpthread.so.0 and marked as not in
> LSB 3.0:
>
> Interface: read (GLIBC_2.2, libpthread.so.0)

> 2.) Interfaces that are in LSB 3.0, but marked not present in the
> Distributions:
>
> Interface: socket (GLIBC_2.2, libc.so.6)

Both of these are odd. I think you said you're using s390x,
socket() is present in libc as GLIBC_2.2 for s390x, and
read() should be the same - getting the latter from pthread
implies something strange is happening at link time.

Can you try linking with --lsb-verbose on the command line,
or alternatively, LSBCC_VERBOSE=1 in the environment, maybe
we can spot something there?