[lsb-discuss] Using LSB as a mix-in to reduce dependency count in RPM packages

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri Aug 14 06:36:19 PDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 6:02 AM, Wichmann, Mats
D<mats.d.wichmann at intel.com> wrote:
> And does it make sense for libgconf-2 to be a candidate
> for inclusion?

Yes, I think it's the only way to get at a lot of important stuff.

(I wish there was a more agnostic way to access those
settings.   We submitted an xdg-settings script
that can get at default browser settings, and we're also
working on a C application which provides a dbus
front end for more dynamic access to other settings
in a desktop-agnostic way.
Maybe that will be useful for other projects.)

BTW we verified that we really do need to have a
dependency on libgconf-2.
(We used debootstrap to
set up a minimal ubuntu system that only had
the packages to satisfy our dependencies.  The
only think keeping chrome from working was...
the lack of libgconf-2.)
- Dan