[lsb-discuss] New web interface to Bazaar branches

Jeff Licquia jeff at licquia.org
Mon Aug 31 12:59:00 PDT 2009

Some of you may have noticed that the web front-end to our Bazaar
repositories has been acting up lately.  This was caused by an upgrade
to bzr on spidey.  The old interface, called "bzr-webserve" has been
abandoned upstream, and doesn't work well with the newer bzr.

The new preferred interface is called "loggerhead" and is now installed
on bzr.linuxfoundation.org.  The interface URLs are now:

  http://bzr.linuxfoundation.org/loggerhead/<path to project>

Links to the old web interface should now redirect to the proper project
in the new interface, although deep links to specific files or revisions
will redirect to the toplevel project page, not the particular rev or file.

Checkouts and branch references to the old URLs still work; you will not
need to change any checkouts or branches, or change the URL you give to
bzr to reference those branches.  For convenience, the /loggerhead/*
URLs can also be used by bzr for checkouts and branches.

Other practices (such as bzr+ssh:// branch URLs, PQM, and so on) should
not have changed.  Loggerhead should include the proper PQM link at the
bottom of each project page.  Let me know if you have difficulties with
the new interface.