[lsb-discuss] Linux Socket API Documentation?

Denis Silakov silakov at ispras.ru
Thu Dec 24 02:12:51 PST 2009

On 12/24/09 01:10, Darren Davis wrote:
> Hello LSB,
>
> Were would you point someone to get the definitive API Documentation for the Linux Socket API?  Would you just say look at the man pages?  They tend to be outdated.
>
> Thoughts?

Well, I don't think that man pages in this particular area are outdated.
man 2 and 7 for socket and other relevant 'man 2' pages were updated
less than a year ago (end 2008/beginning 2009) and should represent all
kernel 2.6.27/glibc 2.9 possibilities.

Probably these are not the ultimate docs, but I guess this is much more
fresh then most of documents/FAQs/tutorials you can find in the Net.

--
Regards,
Denis.