[lsb-discuss] Thinking about future LSB features

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Wed Feb 11 09:39:49 PST 2009

As we think about the activities for the LSB meeting around
the Linux Foundation Collaboration Summit, I'd like to suggest
that we get as many possible new LSB features onto a list
ahead of time as we can.  To me, it's always easier to do
discussions in a large-ish forum if there are some ideas
already on paper, rather than just blindly opening the
floor and hoping that drives a productive discussion.

So just to start that particular ball rolling, let's ask
again what are the pain points that LSB 4.0 doesn't address?
We do have some saved issues that didn't get addressed,
and some subset of those will likely be on the list for
the next version of LSB, but rather than trot those out
here I'd like to do a one-time query "fresh".

What would make LSB more useful to you?

I'll summarize the responses somehow; apparently at the
moment we're not allowed to create new wiki content but
that ban should be lifted fairly soon.