[lsb-discuss] Thinking about future LSB features

Chris Lee cslee-list at cybericom.co.uk
Fri Feb 13 04:06:54 PST 2009

I second this strongly.
I do not care about performance issues, just having a tone of files that
the user has to look at each time they visit their home directory.
And some nice rules about how to use that space so that config files
owners are easy to track down and also play nice with others...
Put a comment at the beginning of config files with the application name
in it, full path if possible.
Put a unique numner on the end of config files, that way multiple
versions of an app can coexist easily and two apps with similar names
can have config files that do not crash.

Chris.