[lsb-discuss] Thinking about future LSB features

Dallman, John john.dallman at siemens.com
Thu Feb 19 01:57:00 PST 2009

> MATLAB and Catia use Motif

You're correct about CATIA, and I believe Pro/ENGINEER uses
it too.

> I suspect NX uses Motif based on John's e-mail address.

Correct, NX is what I'm talking about, as the most complex
of Siemens' apps that use Motif.

Of the three top-end CAD packages - NX, CATIA and Pro/ENGINEER
- NX is the only one that supports Linux going forward.
Pro/ENGINEER supports Red Hat in its current version, but they
are dropping it for the next. I don't know why, since I don't
have access to their support site, and the explanation of the
platform changes is on there.

--
John Dallman
Parasolid Porting Engineer

Siemens PLM Software
46 Regent Street, Cambridge, CB2 1DP
United Kingdom
Tel: +44-1223-371554
john.dallman at siemens.com
www.siemens.com/plm

http://dev.linuxfoundation.org/navigator/browse/lib_single.php?cmd=list

_lib_ints_app_usage&Lname=libXm&changearch=None&changever=3.2&changeui=

None&changesize=None&changecategory=None&changevendor=None&changelicens