[lsb-discuss] Thinking about future LSB features

Dallman, John john.dallman at siemens.com
Thu Feb 19 02:03:29 PST 2009

> Well, Motif needs various non-LSB libraries.  Of course it's possible
> to statically link all Motif plus all over the various libraries it
> needs, but historically people have complained about how big the
> resulting binary gets.

The problem for us would not be the size of one binary, but the fact
that several separate shared libraries need to use Motif. I don't know
how hard it would be to restructure to combine them; I'm no expert on
the internals of NX. There are also various third-party add-ins that
use Motif for their own UI.

I'm working on gathering better information about all this.

--
John Dallman
Parasolid Porting Engineer

Siemens PLM Software