[lsb-discuss] Identification of mediawiki Content

Theodore Tso tytso at mit.edu
Fri Jul 24 12:46:04 PDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 01:50:25PM -0400, Brian Proffitt wrote:
> As we move towards the migration of content from the mediawiki
> infrastructure, we need to complete the identification of the public-facing
> articles/content to be migrated to LDN. This should also include articles on
> the corp. site already migrated to Drupal that might be more suited for LDN.
>
> We also need to settle on a taxonomy for classifying the new content.
> Currently, I have:
>
> Development

I can see two different classes of articles that might call in this
category, "tips and tricks" where we suggest ways of writing portable
applications, or ways of avoiding common problems, etc.

Secondly, we have Articles that talk about interesting developers
tools and languages (i.e., Kiwi, Mono, Real Basic, Using Accresso,
etc.).

Is it worth it to separate these two types of articles out?

> Testing
> Certification

I wonder if we will have enough articles to have separate categories
for "testing" and "certification".  Maybe another taxonomy that might
be better would be "LSB Application Testing and Certification", and
"LSB Distribution Testing and Certification"?

> Downloads

I'm not sure what content would fall in the "Downloads" category?

> Specifications

What would be in the "specifications" category other than the LSB 4.0
spec?

> Product Directory

Is this going going to be more than a single page?

   	      	       	       	      	     - Ted