[lsb-discuss] ELF header question

Robert Schweikert rschweikert at novell.com
Sat Jun 27 04:22:36 PDT 2009

Analysis of some binary produced a message about the .tbss section as
follows.

Non-dynamic section .tbss found in PT_DYNAMIC segment

I take it this tells me that the .tbss section was written to the wrong
segment of the header. Even after spending some time trying to figure
out where .tbss is expected I could not find the information.

Anyone know in which segment .tbss information should be written?
A pointer to the documentation for this would be great as well.

Thanks,
Robert

Software Engineer Consultant                          LINUX
rschweikert at novell.com
781-464-8147

Novell
Making IT Work As One